The Farm Business Training Programme was developed for early school leavers/Rural youth who are interested to specialize their knowledge and skills in an area of production that has a good economic potential. The programme provides in-depth theoretical knowledge and supports the participants in the development of entrepreneurial skill to start a small farm- business.
• Early school leaver/Rural Youth with interest and motivation to start a small farm business.
• Age 25 or above, basic reading and writing skills.
Contents and Duration
The Farm Business Training Programme consists of a verity of independent training modules of 3 weeks duration, covering all important theoretical and practical aspects of production.
Modules offered at present are
• Vegetable production
• Mushroom production
• Pig production
• Fruit Farming and fruit Seedling production.
• Dairy production
• Poultry production
• Experience Exchange Program (Agri)
• Experience Exchange Program (Live)
• School Student Training Program
• Focal Agriculture Teachers(FAT)
Due to its central importance for any farm business, the module “Farm Economics and project planning” is included as part of all the other modules.
Farm Business Training Programme